[pct-l] The AT as a "green tunnel"

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:59:15 CDT 2010

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I'm not trying to rank the 2 trails. I'm fine with the fact that they are
both beautiful and enjoyable backpacking. I'm also aware of the PCTs gentler
grade than the AT. I just had never thought about the AT as a tunnel. That
description just matches the parts I have experienced, so I was concerned
that I would be stuck "inside" for months. Those concerns have been mostly
allayed.

The two trails are just different. I can live with that and still, mostly,
look forward to hiking the AT someday.

Thanks again folks. Now back to our regularly scheduled program, ie the PCT
;)