[pct-l] Hiking and the real world

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Mon Oct 18 15:57:52 CDT 2010

Sasha,

Find a passion that pays you to be outside, at least some of the time, and works well with your long distance hiking passion.  Geology has been very, very good to me in these ways! My profession of geologist is also a major passion of mine along with long distance hiking and they both work well together. I get to walk around the hills some days exploring and analyzing the surface geology, and they pay me to do this!  While hiking a get to understand the geology of what I walk through and this makes the experience richer.

After hiking the PCT I was driven to understand more about what I had just walked through and this led me to a profession.

Greg "Strider" Hummel