[pct-l] Man dies from rattlesnake bite in East San Diego County

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Oct 17 11:22:34 CDT 2010

Yes Ernie,
You think like I think...I was about to say the same thing but it looks
like the moderated is blocking some of my posts again so I will restate
my blocked snake bite post in which I stated............I  REST  MY  CASE.

JMT Reinhold
-------------------------------------

The snake bite cause the man's death. You can argue over the details,
including what will be listed in the death certificate, but the man
likely would be living today if he had not been bitten by the snake. The
same applies to automobile accidents. If a man were involved in a
head-on collision and bled to death before paramedics could arrive, the
newspaper headline would likely say: Man dies from head-on automobile
collision in East San Diego County It wouldn't say Man dies from
internal bleeding caused by severed artery precipated by automobile
collision.
Ernie Castillo
------------------------------------------ /
From: kmurray at pol.net
Subject: [pct-l] Man dies from rattlesnake bite in East San Diego County
/>/ />/ Just a quick medical note: This fellow was not killed by the
bite. The speed with which he progressed to stopping breathing is more
consistant with a heart attack. I'm sure there will be an autopsy, which
will prove the case. />/ />/ Even with an intra-arterial injection of
venom, the time frame is much longer and gradual. />/ />/ Of course,
there is no doubt that the bite was the precipitator of the heart
attack, probably through massive release of adrenaline due to the
stress. />/ />/ All of the precautions and warnings still apply,
nonetheless. /