[pct-l] Hiker maturity comes at a high price

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 19:24:17 CDT 2010

Hula Bunny Reinhold writes: Yes, this is true......I paid a very high price...70 years...well, by tomorrow anyhow.  That is a high price to pay for maturity. Of course there are some hikers, take Switchback for example, that pay a high price and it is all wasted for they never seem to mature......he,he,he,he....cough,cough,cough....snicker,snicker,snicker.  I just had to sneak this one in.
Switchback replies: Maturity is in the eye of the beholder.  I am still a youngster compared to someone who is now in his 70s.  And who refuses to train for the Super Senior JMT Unsupported World Record.  Who as he gets older, he get more worried about dangers in the big bad outdoors.  Oh, my.  May be he will come across some ants and other insects.  May be there will be some turtles and humming birds that will frighten him.  What if some deer look at him as they graze peacefully in a meadow.  These are things that keep him up late at night with no sleep in his nice San Diego home.  The big bad Marine has degenerated into an embarrassment to us mountainmen who embrace danger and Mother Nature in all her fury.

I thank you.

......."Age is a high price to pay for maturity."
Yes, this is true......I paid a very high price...70 years...well, by tomorrow anyhow.
That is a high price to pay for maturity.
Of course there are some hikers, take Switchback for example, that pay a high price and it is all wasted for they never seem
to mature......he,he,he,he....cough,cough,cough....snicker,snicker,snicker.

I just had to sneak this one in.

JMT Reinhold....he,he,he