[pct-l] start dates southbound--La Nina prediction

Connie Davis connielavondavis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:07:38 CDT 2010

> We are hearing predictions of one of the snowiest, coldest winters up here
at the Northern Terminus of the PCT, so keep watching the snowpack as you
consider your start date.  Every year is a little different.  Here is a link
to Washington Outdoor Weather (one of the best forecasters around) about
this La Nina year from Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-Weather/168019884389
In 2005, we flip-flopped, leaving Manning Park on June 16th and had a few
snowfields to cross and lots of wet weather:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=103855
For a taste of going southbound in 2010, on July 1, I dropped off the Hoboes
who are doing the Transcontinental Triathalon. Here's their journal of the
first few days.
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/hobos/1/1278676295/tpod.html

Lookout
in Hope, BC
26km from Manning Park's Western entrance