[pct-l] PCT Thru Hike

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Oct 13 18:37:15 CDT 2010

On Oct 13, 2010, at 12:22 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> As I plan my first thru hike (ever) on the PCT (south to north) I
> am also planning to have family members meet up with me and hike
> between 1-2 weeks (one stretch).  More than likely they would be
> flying out and taking a bus/train or flying back home.  I am
> looking for options for having them meet up with me and getting
> them home?  I assume it will not be easy but that is part of the
> adventure!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
See if they can start the trail with you. You'll all be in the same
condition at the beginning of the trail. If they meet you somewhere
in the middle, they will force you to slow way down and it will make
you crazy. Remember, you'll be up to 20+ miles a day easily within a
few weeks.

Have them take a car from San Diego and park either near the border
or park near where they expect to finish (Warner Springs maybe?
Julian? Mt. Laguna?) and see if all of you can get rides to the
border to start together. You can probably prearrange rides before
you arrive.