[pct-l] farewell from Sqwiggle

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 20:28:14 CDT 2010

Brenda:

On behalf of those of us who, over the years,  have bombarded you with
questions - however idiotic - and/or obtained numerous permits from you,
"thank you for your kind service".

Welcome to the world of modern business where there is a definite
distinction made between the value-added and/or importance of  "profit
centers" and "cost centers". The first dept to feel the budget axe is
usually R&D because they take so long to come up with something profitable
(we can always catch up later).  Customer Service is usually second, Quality
Assurance third. Sales and Marketing, or in this case, capital fund raising,
is often next to last. Sadly. most top execs don't plan to be around for the
long haul so their plans are very short-term. Whatever gets them the biggest
bonus and a leg up to their next job is good for the company. End rant.

Sorry to hear you were one of the victims. Good luck in the future.

Wandering Bob