[pct-l] Water

Lisa Freathy rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 18:45:12 CDT 2010

Another water question which I know is completely different for each person, but
I would love any feedback/experience so I can have a better idea...

I typically drink a LOT of water and I do NOT deal very well with the heat, the
dessert section has me very nervous. As I am figuring out my pack weight I am
estimating that at some times I may want the capacity to carry 9 liters of water
(19.8lbs!!?). This seems to be much higher than that which others estimate as
far as bottle sizes/needs. Am I going overboard?? I was thinking of carrying the
following...

~Four 1 liter plastic bottles (plastic re-used smart water bottles or something
like that)
~One 2.5/3 liter camelback bladder
~One 4 liter colapsable platy or dromlite (platy is lighter, dromlite seems more
sturdy... preference/opinions?)

I don't plan on having all filled all the time and will most likely reduce
containers in the sierras, but does this seem on target or overboard for a heat
sensitive water lover like me?

Thanks!Lisa

"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb
a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~ John Muir