[pct-l] New PCT guide book

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Thu Oct 7 14:10:52 CDT 2010

I talked to ancient Britt about it on Cutthroat Pass while taking a break in the snow when I came upon him having a snack.  While I haven't seen the final product, but from talking to him, it should be good enough to hike most of the trail.  I only question if it will be good enough in the Sierras when they are covered in snow without supplemental maps.  I'd have to wait until I see the final product to say for sure though.  I have Cicerone's JMT book and found it a nice condensed book (in comparison to the WP one) for hiking the trail during the summer months after the main snow melt off.  I'm all for increasing the number of options one has for hiking the PCT.

-Miner