[pct-l] New PCT guide book

Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 10:24:08 CDT 2010

Hi -
There is a new hiking guide for the PCT due out in about a month.  "The Pacific Crest Trail" (quite an original title!) by Brian Johnson (ISBN 9781852845889) and published by Cicerone.  It is less than $20 from Amazon.  I remember bumping into Brian on the trail in the summer of 2009, and he was convinced it would be the only book you would need to prepare for and hike the PCT.  I believe it contains maps as well.  Cicerone is a very big British publisher with hiking guides for all of Britain and much of Europe.  It will be interesting to see how this guide will be recieved and what it will or will not replace.

cheers, Spring