[pct-l] sleeping bag

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:05:37 CST 2010

Dear Bill,

*I've got to get that gal checked!  *Yes, have her doctor check her
thyroid.  The auto-immune, Hashimoto's disease, will give you low levels of
the hormone, Thyroxine.  Always cold is one of the symptoms.  People think
that low thyroid people are fat but I managed my weight and so I was still
trim even though Hashimoto's disease was destroying my thyroid.  I just take
a pill now and it is no problem.

It also just might be that your GF keeps her weight at a lower weight than
her body would normally like.  Now, everyone is a little hungry on the trail
but on a long term restricted calorie diet, the body will respond by
lowering metabolism which also makes you cold.

But still have her check the thyroid.  It is a simple blood test.

Melanie