[pct-l] sleeping bag

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Tue Nov 30 09:34:34 CST 2010

The important phrase in Steve's post is "sleep cold".

The SubKilo is a 20 degree bag if you "sleep warm" (with your clothes on, in a tent, etc...  ;-)

My GF does NOT sleep warm and when she used her SubKilo on a cold night was not very impressed.  When I bought a Western Mountaineering 20 degree bag and put it next to hers - she was even less impressed.  ;-)

The WM bags are conservatively rated.  She now has a 10 degree WM bag and is very impressed.  Still, before the temps get to 20, she's got a down jacket on inside the bag.  (I've got to get that gal checked!  ;-)

BillB