[pct-l] Garlic to repel Mosquitoes

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 19:58:10 CST 2010

I wonder if garlic would work to repel mosquitoes. Has anyone out there tried
it? I know that it works on yellow jackets. A few years ago I was riding a 100
mile endurance race in the Santa Cruz mountains. There were nearly 40 riders. At
about 22 miles we got into lots of yellow jackets. The riders and horses were
stung again and again - and the yellow jackets followed us for several miles. I
got stung about 15 times. After the race I talked to one man who did not get
stung at all. He was an Italian and said that he eats plenty of GARLIC, and that
is why he didn't get stung.

MendoRider/Ed Anderson