[pct-l] Rain Gaer ?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Nov 25 12:14:12 CST 2010

A poncho usually has a folded over seam along the edge. I threaded
some elastic through there on the back half and used large safety
pins as a sort of belt buckle. That way the back half of the poncho
hugged my pack and the whole thing didn't flap around. Hard to put
on. Did this with a cheap emergency poncho. I didn't have a rain
jacket, only an umbrella. Carrying the poncho was the best rain gear
ever because it caused the rain to stop. Next time I'll just take an
ad out in the paper to ask everyone in Seattle to stop washing their
cars and putting their sofas out on the curb. That would probably get
the rain to stop.