[pct-l] Every oz. counts....the lighter the better

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:49:34 CST 2010

I wonder if JMT Reinhold got snowed on. It's all white this morning in
Flagstaff :)

The argument that less hair means less weight may not be valid. I contend
that more hair means I can get by with a lighter hat, or no hat at all!
I say this partial tongue in cheek. I have a long pony tail, and I actually
do "use" my hair in the backcountry. It can serve as a scarf, ear warmers,
and mosquito protection. :)  And I don't often carry an insulating hat into
the backcountry. A bandana and a lot of hair keep my head warm. :)

--
~ Kevin
Soon To Be PCT Thru Hiker!