[pct-l] Another question?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 17:37:50 CST 2010

Brandon,

it all depends on how much snow is still around and your ability to deal with it, especially by yourself.  The most likely place to encounter dangerous snow / slopes will be the San Jacintos - Apache & South peaks, Fuller Ridge.  We had snow in late April in the San Felipe Hills, but it was quite pleasant to walk in - not dangerous at all.

Monitor the weather, the List, PCTA, etc. to gain a feel for how much snow is still around when you start.  Nobody can tell you with certainty this early what conditions wil be.  However, I think you should start early.  The desert is more colorful, less crowded, cooler, and has more good water sources.

Good luck,

Mango