[pct-l] TP or no TP

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Nov 20 23:49:15 CST 2010

On 11/20/2010 9:10 PM, Sasha Leidman wrote:
> I've done a few trips with no TP and found that the best system is
> smooth rock followed by corn lilies. Corn lilies are readily
> available in the sierras and have great texture. While it's probably
> a good idea to bring some TP just in case, going without is the best
> way to LNT.

I have to bring up this question again. How is this LNT? LNT says that
we are to take nothing but pictures, and leave nothing but footprints.
If 400 thru hikers are taking smooth stones and corn lilies to clean up
with, that doesn't seem LNT to me. It makes more sense to use TP and
pack it out, and leave the corn lilies alone.