[pct-l] Water purification/shower

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Nov 19 19:40:11 CST 2010

On Nov 19, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Water purification/shower

I used a bandana and not disposable, chemical-infused, perfumey paper
wipes made from trees once as beautiful as those I was walking
through. My bandana and up to half cup of water (usually just a few
tablespoons was adequate) would wash my feet and my legs up to around
my knees.

Once in a while at a nice creek I might wash off more of myself,
downstream from the trail or away from the water, of course.

For TP I didn't bring any and I didn't use lichen, either. There are
plenty of other abundant resources. Washing up afterwards completes
the job.

I did complain of being stinky but no solar shower would solve the
problem. I needed laundry, too.