[pct-l] Fw: Water purification/shower

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:39:27 CST 2010

Well - that's true; some complain and others don't.  They just accept that you
are going to be dirty and stinky when you hike on the PCT.  Besides, they often
camp as a community and all smell pretty much the same.  Of course, some use the
wipes with limited success compared to being able to take a warm shower. All to
save just 4.5 ounces?  Really!  Why, the accumulated dried sweat and dirt might
add up to almost half that! I know, the thru-hikers want to cover lots of
distance per day and have not the time to pause for a couple of hours during the
day to allow the sun to warm the water and take a nice shower - yet they take
the time to hitch into towns every four to six days and take off one or two "0"
days. HYOH.

MendoRider