[pct-l] water purification

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 09:19:57 CST 2010

>>I'm sorry about my last post, I didn't realize water purification was such a

Nothing to be sorry about...and it is not a touch subject at all. :)

Just that, as with all gear, there is no *best*.  Better to think of what gear
may work for a specific
situation, hiking style and just plain ole' personal preference.

There is no best stove, knife, backpack, jacket, titanium thinga-a-ma-bob or
lexan whatchamahoosey.

As I like to say, gear is the *least* important part of backpacking.

It is important, but there are parts of hiking far more important.

Gear is just the easiest item to discuss. :)  If you have questions, ask away!

There is a wealth of experience and knowledge on this list. Just be prepared to
get MANY different answers.

And for the most part...they are all correct!   (Just be wary of any info you
get from a short, bald guy)

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco