[pct-l] Charger

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 00:14:09 CST 2010

It actually has very little to do with the weight. I'm willing to carry 12oz
to never have to worry about it. I don't want to deal with bouncing a
charger and having an outlet to use and then monitor the charging. No
thanks. I want my phone to work, just the GPS, no network, all the time.
Using the device less is not a desirable option. I have a need to know each
mile I walk.

If someone ever gets a PEG to try out, maybe it won't live up to the claims.
In that case, I'll have to change my plans or reconsider solar.

There is also the question, of why not harvest some of energy I'm already
exerting? I think the PEG is a great idea. I like solar, but it has some
drawbacks. This thing seems perfect for backpacking. You're already creating
a motion that generates electricity. That's neat! I'm just a geek that likes
gadgets. This is also tech that I am happy to promote and encourage. ;)

--
~ Kevin
Soon To Be PCT Thru Hiker!