[pct-l] PCT

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 21:47:52 CST 2010

Scott Williams wrote:

> If you can, train together with the group you plan to hike with, and have an
> understanding that it's OK to split up when and if the time comes.  Most
> anyone who stays on trail with find another group to hike with at their
> speed if they continue on, and want a group.  Fifteen miles sounds great,
> but add some hills or mtns if you can.

I believe the original poster was asking about planning for a section hike. I think the comments about finding another group is good for thru-hikers who tend to start around the same time and have a common goal. However, I don't think this works so well for a section hiker.

My suggestion would be for the group to discuss and decide on how they are going handle pace differences and separations before the trip.

Training together is a really good idea.

Snap