[pct-l] 2011 PCT Film Festival at the KO

Ryan Christensen yosemiteryan at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 23:56:14 CST 2010

Its that time of year again! From outside my front door I can see the Sierra
glisten under a mantle of white- winter has arrived in the high country. Now is
the time to start putting together your videos for the 2011 Pacific Crest Trail
Film Festival at the Kick-off!
For 2011 we will have two categories: videos up to 8 minutes in length and
videos between 8 and up to 20 minutes in length. We will only select one or two
of the longer videos to screen and the rest of the time will be slotted for the
shorter videos. Screening up to 10 of the shorter videos gives more people the
chance to share their work of art to the PCT community.

We are looking for short videos that are related to the PCT. We are not looking
for videos that were mindlessly thrown together- we are looking for videos  that
have story- videos that show that you has something to say.  The video could be
funny, painful, uplifting. It could offer a vignette into a  particular aspect
of hiking the trail; it could explore a particular place or  person; it could
explore a particular incident or event—but the most  important requirement is
that it relates to the PCT.

Videos must be submitted by April 15th so it can be received in time for the
April 29th start of the 2011 kick-off. Videos should be burned to a DVD Disk.
I-Movie, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Windows Movie Maker all can do this
for you. It can be in wide-screen 16x9 or 4x3 aspect ratio. The total running
time and the video-creators contact information should be written on the disk.
The  selection of videos to be shown is per the discretion of ProDeal.
Submissions may be retained for future use or discarded. No  DVD's will be
returned. No video will be used for any other use without the  permission of the
video creator.
The mailing address to send the DVD's will come out in early January. Look for
an announcement on the ADZ website: http://www.siechert.org/adz/, on the PCT-L
or you can email me directly.

We are looking forward to your viewing your creations!

Ryan "ProDeal" Christensen

www.bristleconemedia.com