[pct-l] PCT

eckert jape1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 15 21:04:26 CST 2010

The number of people you hike with isn't a large issue.  But, your
planning should include the loss of one or more members of your hiking
crew.  The successful thru hikers often mention that each individual
should be able to carry on alone.  For example,  if you're sharing a
water filter, and the guy that owns the filter has to bail, the other
hikers would find themselves in a bit of pickle. The same would hold
true for other shared equipment like stoves and tents.  The percentage
of people that choose to stop hiking prematurely is sufficiently high to
warrant consideration when hiking as a group.