[pct-l] planning priorities

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 14:00:25 CST 2010

Kevin,  I'd worry about the finances over the fitness.  If you are in
moderate shape you can get fit on the trail.  You just can't earn more money
on the trail.  Based upon your normal fitness level you should have no
problem completing the trail.  While starting in great hiker shape is nice -
desire is far more important.   I also believe foot wear should be worried
about - it creates more problems then physical fitness.  If you are not in
top hiking shape at the start of the PCT you will be just like most of the
other thru hikers.  Just don't over exert your self too early and get a
stupid injury - you have 6 months to hike the trail (that is if you have the
money to complete the trail).

Enjoy the trail it is a wonderful adventure.

Day-Late