[pct-l] A totally new topic (hard to believe)

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:51:07 CST 2010

Hi Steven

I'm planning to use an npowerPEG. It uses the kinetic energy of your hiking
motion to charge devices. Burnie had one this year, but had to send it back.
She didn't get the replacement until after she finished her hike. Halfmile
has ordered one, but it's on backorder. I haven't ordered mine yet.

I've read a few people post about using solar. That was my original thought,
but I can't find anything that makes me confident it can keep a device
charged. The PEG sounds like it should easily keep my iPhone fully charged
all the time even with frequent use. I'm looking forward to hear Halfmile's
review after he gets his.

Anyway, that's my plan for 2011. I can't help with the solar other than to
say I've pretty much ruled it out for my hike.

--
~ Kevin
Soon To Be PCT Thru Hiker!