[pct-l] Bounced packages--no "free lunch"?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Nov 10 20:04:46 CST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I wish they had priority mail buckets! ;)
I used a 3 gallon bucket. I never found it to cost as much as one of
the flat rate boxes that would hold the same amount the contents. It
was much cheaper.

If you use a 3 gallon bucket, make sure you sand off the outside
logos and stuff or otherwise completely cover the bucket so that they
can't tell what was in it before you used it. Mine had originally
held laundry detergent which is a no-no to ship. I ended up covering
it completely with priority mail stickers so they couldn't see the
old labels.