[pct-l] COLD FOOD/Esbit

Shawn Hudson shizaquawn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:36:44 CST 2010

Esbit is, I believe, the lightest fuel out there. I don't use it, but not
because of its functionality. I think finding it was a concern for me, and
I've heard it lets off a ... interesting ... smell. If you can stock up on
some tablets before going out there and get them sent to you in mail drops,
I say go for it. For heating something so small as a cup of coffee, I'd
think you could split the tab into smaller bits to conserve on the fuel,
too.

 *I'm intrigued with the idea of cold food.  But I do like a cup of coffee
or
** hot chocolate or instant soup.  I'm thinking that the simplest, lightest
and
** reliable heating option might the Esbit heat tabs.  Any thoughts about
this?*