[pct-l] [Cdt-l] Women on the trail...me too!

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Nov 9 15:02:11 CST 2010

Be sure to monitor NOAA's 3 month projections (you won't have to make a
decision until May anyway).  This is a "La Nina" winter, which means
that there will more snow and colder temperatures in the northwest this
early winter - through January.  If La Nina stays, that will continue
through the winter.  A SOBO hike will be really difficult until the end
of July.  In 2005 it was an El Nino year, and an early June start worked
out just fine...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD