[pct-l] McNuggets Don't Spoil?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 13:33:23 CDT 2010

  Yes......I can vouch for Yoshi.

  Yoshi and I met this August just south of Muire Pass.

I was heading north on my 11th JMT thru and Yoshi was heading south.
I got slowed down by a couple of things and was 2 days behind schedule
and realized I would have to stretch my food till I get to my resupply
at Vermilion when I met Yoshi.

To give you an idea what kind of guy Yoshi is....Yoshi broke out his
stove and  "INSISTED"  we share a cup of coffee.
And when Yoshi realized that I was running low on food, he again
"INSISTED"  on giving me a loaf of his bread.
I don't know if it was home baked, I assumed it was, but let me tell you
it was sooooo good with lots of nuts and fruits and calorie dense and
probably saved me from a slow agonizing death, by starvation, on the JMT.
Yoshi, if that bread was home baked, you should forward the recipe to
the list for all hikers to enjoy.

Now,  does that give you guys some idea what kind of guy Yoshi
is?....One heck of a guy...I would say.

Now compare that to Switchback....Switchback would rob and plunder you,
take all your gear....and yes, all your bread and leave you stranded on
the trail with nothing but your  "Speedos" &  " Victoria's  Secret".

JMT Reinhold

Yoshihiro wrote:

I had sealed up my bread by using this type of saver and had boiled

about ten minutes. Then I sent it to VVR from Japan in July, and I ate
it in August. The taste did not change at least  for one month.

http://amzn.to/cz8mWd

It is possible to substitute it by the plastic bag.