[pct-l] Women's sleeping bags

ckwrkornge at aol.com ckwrkornge at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 23:05:00 CDT 2010

Hi Toby,

I am a pretty small female (5'7") who thru hiked in 08.  I took the Marmot Helium bag with a silk liner and this worked really well for me.  The only night I remember being cold was when the bag got wet.  The only difference I have noticed in men's vs women's bags is that there is a lot less room in the hip area of men's bags.  I also know women who used the 2 lb western mountaineering bag with the thermarest prolite inflatable (after the desert puncture danger).  REI carries many Kelty bags so you could always try it out first with the awesome return policy.  If this fails, Feathered Friends makes a 3 lb 1 oz bag rated to -10, and you can custom order Feathered Friends bags to include extra down.  Or get bags that zip together =)

Best,

E.P.