[pct-l] Bikes on PCT- political statement

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Nov 4 13:45:24 CDT 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Tortoise wrote:
> From the first Regan tax cuts on, funding for federal agencies such as the
> Park Service and Forest Service have been cut. Result -- deteriorating
> lands and less enforcement of law and regulations. So those here who
> support Reagonomics and limited & reduced Federal government are getting
> what they asked for!

Needless to say, not everyone would agree with your analysis and this
list is just not the right place to debate these general political issues.

I'm sure there are representatives on this list from all parts of the
political spectrum so I don't understand why you make statements like this
that alienate *existing* members of the trail community.

Support for National Scenic Trails, National Parks, wilderness areas, and so
on has to be bipartisan and broad-based to be successful in the long term.
I think it is a factual mistake as well as a political mistake to characterize
these issues in partisan terms.

Radar