[pct-l] Updates to my PCT and TRT docs

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 19:47:51 CDT 2010

The TRT was an interesting experience for me. I did it because I had some free
time and CO was still a tad too snowy in the high country
in late June.

 I think the trail is best for someone in the area who wants a quick hike, wants
a taste of long distance hiking or just wants
to iron out the kinks in a gear system before a hike.

About half the trail felt like a backpacking trail...the other half felt like
local open space.

If you have the right set of expectations, it could be fun. If you go in
expecting a PCT experience in miniature (like say doing the JMT), you'll
be a bit disappointed. If you go expecting to see Lake Tahoe, then it will work
out nicely! :)

 --Thoreau
 http://www.pmags.com
 http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/