[pct-l] Are the trails easy to follow without relying on a map? Seeking Hiking companion

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:18:06 CDT 2010

Snow has fallen a couple times in southern California already.  It's not
sticking, but it will stick long before you'd get past it.  It's not easy to
follow a trail when you can't see it and you have no map.  It could go bad.
It has before.  John Donovan.  Snow.  San Jacinto.  Bad maps.  No compass.
Strayed from the PCT. Bad decisions.  Dead.  I'm not saying you can't do it,
but if you don't make it you'll be the idiot that died because you didn't do
common sense things like bringing a map.