[pct-l] hiking the desert in winter

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Nov 2 02:19:28 CDT 2010

Well, I wouldn't say that March for me was "winter" in SoCal, especially as
I know it now, but in 1974 from the border north to Lake Isabella by
mid-April, the weather was cool, slightly wet, no flash-floods, no one on
the "trail," and great scenery. Many ask me if I had trouble with finding
water, and we didn't, but then our nights were planned around springs or
water tanks along the young PCT or, then, the California Riding and Hiking
Trail.

Great time to hike in Southern California--not hot and dry, even in the sun!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd