[pct-l] Hiking with my dog

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Nov 1 16:23:41 CDT 2010

Whitnee, you will get over the fear. You won't even really be alone.
The trail is full of really nice people and you will meet them every
day. You'll probably form friendships to last the length of the trail
or longer. I didn't even camp alone more than one or two nights for
the first 700 miles despite my tendency to run away from everyone I met.

After the first 700 miles, I had a lot more solitude. My second go on
the PCT my timing gave me solitude almost every night. I grew to see
myself as a forest dweller. The forest was my home, the birds my
friends, the mosquitoes my paparazzi, and I felt safe and happy
(except for when the paparazzi were bothering me). It was in town
that I felt ill-at-ease.

Enjoy your trip. It's one of the most amazing things you can do.
Diane