[pct-l] Large PCT map file

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:13:45 CDT 2010

I was going to go straight to Halfmile and ask, but I decided to ask the
larger PCT audience. Besides, Halfmile is obviously very busy with the new
website, so I hate to bug him about map data... again ;)

Does anyone have, or know where to find, a large map file, of the entire
PCT, suitable for printing? I want to print one to put on the wall at home
for planning, and so my wife can follow my progress on the trail. I have
access to some nice plotters to print it on. I'm looking for something that
will end up being ~8 feet tall. I can probably generate something using one
of the mapping applications I have, but I'm wondering what others have used.
I'm not really sure what data to include in the map, so I wanted to see what
others thought was useful for this sort of application.

Thanks