[pct-l] Oregon PCT

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed May 26 17:20:48 CDT 2010

The Mazama store is pretty close to the trail. You might ask if they
accept packages. They did have a hiker box. They also had a pretty
well-stocked store. You could probably make do if you wanted to skip
sending something entirely.

I sent to the Post Office and was able to get a ride pretty easily.
In fact, I ended up riding up to the rim afterwards and then hiking
down from the rim for a nice nero, then hitching back up to the rim
to continue.
Diane
On May 26, 2010, at 3:03 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> It's been awhile since I posted anything.  But here I am again,
> this time with a question.  I am planning to hike a long section
> from the Quincy-LaPorte Road south of Belden north to the Columbia
> Gorge.  In Oregon, I will have no support (unless something changes
> from the present plans) and I am not sure of where to send a box
> around Crater Lake.  Is there anyplace I can send a box to avoid
> having to go down to the post office in Crater Lake?  What do
> people usually do around that area for resupply?  Actually I intend
> to resupply at Ashland, and then after that, I am not sure where I
> could send boxes until I get to Sisters.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
>

> Blue Butterfly

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic