[pct-l] Is it a Thru-Hike?

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 20:43:48 CDT 2010

Thumper:

You don't need the endorsement of the List.

Anybody that starts in Manning and ends in Campo, or vice versa, will have personal satisfaction that will last a lifetime.

That said, I often sign in as "Class of 1980" and avoid "thru hiker" (with or without the hyphen) because I missed a portion of Southern California following a severely injured ankle and missed a significant portion of Washington -- as did nearly every PCTer that year -- because the southern part of the trail was closed following the eruption of Mt. St. Helen.

It's not like you are a politician claiming you served in the Armed Forced when you actually had your daddy land you a deferral.
Ernie Castillo
erniec01 at hotmail.com
248 884 5201