[pct-l] pepper spray

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Mon May 24 21:39:58 CDT 2010

http://media.weirduniverse.net/bear_sign.jpg

My favorite pepper spray joke...

BigToe

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net] On Behalf Of giniajim
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 7:16 PM
To: Melissa Rexilius; saintgimp at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] pepper spray

Probably thought it was a condiment!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Melissa Rexilius
  To: saintgimp at hotmail.com ; jplynch at crosslink.net ; pct-l at backcountry.net
  Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 3:09 PM

  The pepper spray that I have attaches to my wrist. It's actually geared more towards joggers who need to have it at the drop of a hat. Honestly, it is in my backpack a lot. And, I had a rat break in the garage and chew through my Osprey pack to get to this pepper spray. He chewed down the red button that is the sprayer and part of the wristband. Not to mention a good sized hole in my pack. So... with that being said, I think the pepper spray ATTRACTS some animals! That little bastard even chewed the rubber pull that attaches to one of the zippers on the pack. I was so pissed!

  T. Rex

  > From: saintgimp at hotmail.com
  > To: jplynch at crosslink.net; melissa.rexilius at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.net
  > Subject: RE: [pct-l] pepper spray
  > Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:59:20 -0700
  >
  > Giniajim wrote:
  > >
  > I like the pepper spray idea. What would you recommend for non-grizzly
  > environments.
  > >

  > I haven't purchased pepper/bear spray in years but remember that the same
  > thing applies to bear spray as to guns: it does you no good if it's inside
  > your pack. If you're going to carry spray, make sure you can go from
  > walking along daydreaming to having it in your hand ready to use in ten
  > seconds or less. Five seconds would be better. That probably means you'll
  > need to carry it in a holster attached to your pack's hip belt.
  >
  > Eric

To unsubcribe, or change options visit:

List Archives: