[pct-l] PCT bear attacks...........

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon May 24 16:30:46 CDT 2010

Good afternoon, MOM,

As I recall there was an incident several years ago where a young woman was
swiped and injured by a bear somewhere in California.  The bear had grabbed
her pack and was carrying it off when the woman approached and tried to
reclaim it.  Bears respect human possession of food, but as soon as it gets
its paws on it – literally and figuratively – the food becomes “theirs” and
they will defend “their” food.  I admire her courage but question her
judgment.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09