[pct-l] Clarification of my "rude" comment...

Blanchard, Sym (GT&D) SWB3 at pge.com
Tue May 18 18:55:52 CDT 2010

Katy,

Sounds good.  I apologize for my mis-interpretation.

I hope to meet you by the watermelon!

Thanks,
Symbiosis
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:50:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: goslowgofar <goslowgofar at yahoo.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Clarification of my "rude" comment...
To: pct-l at backcountry.net

Sym wrote:

"I think Katy's comment "So maybe you better keep that horse's mouth
closed..." would be considered rude by most people.? (but obviously not
all)."

Well, Sym,?that was a reference to your comment re "looking a gift horse
in the mouth".? I knew after I hit?the SEND key that I that not everyone
would get the reference...even though I?added your original post with my
reply.? I like horses.? I don't know if you have a horse, or if it was a
gift...and?if you are offended, I apologize.??But the point is:?you came
across as someone who is self-absorbed and doesn't get the point of
Trail Magic.? And, to add to Dr. Jackalope's? (yeah, that's right, she
is well-educated hiker-trash!) response:? We ARE hikers.? We are "paying
it forward" the same way?we received it ?when we were out there.? I
think we know what hikers are craving.? And it isn't all trans-fat free!
If you do come to Walker Pass...I'll be by the watermelon.? I don't eat
donuts, either.
Katy