[pct-l] What are the snow conditions now on Baden-Powell?

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Mon May 17 16:46:45 CDT 2010

Rob,

I tried to climb Baden Powell a week ago from Vincent Gap and was turned away by deep snow about 2 miles in. I carried an ice axe but no crampons as the snow was really soft and wet on the north faces.  It's just a bit too early without full gear, IMHO. If trying again, I would bring ski pants, gaitors and crampons and push thru it. Post holing just killed me, I guess my legs just aren't used to that recently.

rom: Rob Langsdorf <mctrob at yahoo.com>