[pct-l] 24x24x24 and dope smokers and fire starters

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue May 11 19:33:42 CDT 2010

I just have to say that by far most people I met on the PCT were
ordinary, really great people. Seemed like a ton of them were
software engineers, teachers and other professionals. Most were
strong, focused and highly successful people. The kind who become
leaders. It's not all debauchery and dope and people starting the
forest on fire or calling for SAR rescues. PCT MOM is right, though.
By the time hikers get up there, anybody prone to debauchery down in
So Cal has either dropped out or put all that aside.

Just thought I would remind the list that most hikers are just
regular folks.