[pct-l] 1-888-PC-TRAIL anyone else heard of this?

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue May 11 01:41:08 CDT 2010

Okay - trying to get back on 'topic' to the original 'subject' heading...

>From Austin
> So, I just found out we can get updates on trip-altering trail
> conditions by calling (toll free) 1-888-PC-TRAIL.

Yes, that has been available for quite some time (though I'm not
sure for how many years it has been available toll free)...

There is also a wealth of other 'information' on the PCTA website if one
simply 'looks around' by following all the various links...

>From PCT Mom:
> I called and listened to the conditions up here between Steven's Pass
> and Manning Park.  They are saying they want you on the Detour Route.

I'm sure everyone can (or should) appreciate the PCTA's 'responsibility'
to pass along only the "official" status per the respective governing
agency/agencies...  The PCTA's position can't be to advocate "HYOH" in
these instances...

Please, folks, if you are going to go off on a tangent from the original
'subject', change or alter the 'subject' in your reply post to reflect that.
Thanks!

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)

Support the Pacific Crest Trail Association and its mission:
Protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail...
Join, renew, or donate today: <http://www.pcta.org/>

"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey