[pct-l] Hiker-friendly motels

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri May 7 14:09:47 CDT 2010

While The Courthouse Motel in Independence is a definite hiker favorite,
we're rather fond of the Winnedumah.  Love sitting on their porch watching
the world go by. The Still Life Café is other-worldly.

The Dow Villa is our favorite in Lone Pine. Sat in the hot tub watching
thunderstorms up on Whitney until I turned into a prune.  Seasons restaurant
is a culinary delight, as is the Merry-Go-Round, both next door to the Dow.

L-Rod