[pct-l] Hiker-friendly motels

rcluster at comcast.net rcluster at comcast.net
Fri May 7 12:01:45 CDT 2010

>Which are the hiker-friendly motels in Lone Pine, Independence, and Bishop?

Julie and I also had a great experience with the Courthouse Motel in Independence, although we ended up not actually staying there. Julie had an unexpected problem with altitudes above 9500' so that pretty much ruled out the high Sierra sections for us.

We had sent our resupply boxes to the Courthouse Motel and they went out of their way to get them back to us, having a friend who was driving back to Washington bring them right to our door on his way through Eugene, OR. Great folks!

We did stay a night at the El Rancho Motel in Bishop. It was fine, decent shower, clean rooms. (760) 872-9251 at 274 Lagoon St, about a block west of 395 near the south end of town.

Ron & Julie
Snowplow & Rubber Legs