[pct-l] stoves

Sherry Smith sherry_s1954 at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 10:51:30 CDT 2010

I purchased a stove through wal-mart that burns white and regular gas.  Darn things weighs a lb.  But I am concerned about finding canisters of fuel while I am out there and I know where ever I go there is gasoline.  Now I keep reading articles about having to prime white gas burners.  Just what does that mean?  My stove has a primer (something that pumps).  Will that be enough?  I think the longest I will be away from a supply point is two weeks.  I don't know how much gas to pack, or even if it's the best way to go.  I am going to hike the Oregon section of the PCT.  I will be taking two months.
Sherry