[pct-l] Tioga pass opening

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 19:54:49 CDT 2010

I just checked the National Park Service website and there is no date projected yet for the 2010 opening of the Tioga Pass road into Yosemite from Hwy 395 (from the eastern side).  When they DO start plowing, it can take a month or two. This is the link so that you can check as your time comes closer http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tioga.htm\
Susan Alcorn
Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-11423-SF-Hiking-Examiner
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.