[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue May 4 13:25:04 CDT 2010

In my experience, you have to be careful about setting ANYTHING close to the
hiker boxes.  A few years ago, some hikers set their poles next to our
boxes, and someone else thought they were freebies, discarded by someone
else.

Also too, there have been hikers who quit the trail and told me to
distribute whatever was in their boxes to the hikers . . . so it is not that
unusual for a box, sitting by the hiker boxes, to be interpreted as free
hiker stuff.

L-Rod